Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dedicated with love

I love you a bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck
A hug around the neck and a kiss on the cheek
A kiss on the cheek and I'm talking in my sleep
About you, about you
Cause I love you a bushel and a peck
You bet your pretty neck, I do
Doodle, oodle, oodle,
doodle, oodle, oodle,
doodle, oodle, oodle oo


For Family Home Evening, (in honor of Valentine's Day) we're talking about all the things we love. Things that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have blessed us with because they love us! Obviously, it's got me thinking about the people I adore and those who return the sentiment. This song is playing in my head and I have my Grandpa Peterson to thank for it. He used to sing it to me as a child, he used to sing it to all the grandkids, but that's what makes it special. It's a song from someone who loves me. It's a song for everyone he loves! So now, I dedicate it to you with love. Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

The Steels said...

That is so sweet! I remember your mom always sang it to Malorie and Lucy when they were little. That is a very sweet sentiment. Kudos to you.

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

Thank you!! That little song will go on forever because of Grandpa. Infact I was justing singing it yesterday. Thanks for all the words I don't know that I ever knew all of them. I love you all.

The Austin's said...

I to have very fond memories of this song being sung to me from G&G P. This was the first song that Tate learned all the words to. Sigh! I feel lucky I'm one of your loves. Thanks I love you to.