Monday, October 12, 2009

Oh, Sweet Cinnamon!


For some time now, Jace has eaten nothing but cinnamon toast. He has it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He eats it sitting on his stool at the bar, kneeling on his chair up to the table and on occasion, strapped in his car seat on the way to school. So, it came as no surprise to me, when he demanded that he have it while seated in a pew at church. As the deacons were passing the Sacrament, my little hooligan emphatically declared "I want those boys to put cinnamon on my bread!"

And why not? Cinnamon has been around since Old Testament times ie. Moses was commanded to use sweet cinnamon in the holy anointing oil. In fact, cinnamon was so highly prized among ancient nations, that it was regarded as a gift fit for Gods!

(I’ll keep you posted on how well my petition to the Elders goes over.)

3 comments:

The Austin's said...

I think I'd like it with a little cinnamon myslef. YUM!! I love that boy. Cute pic. His smile is contagious.

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

I want some cinnamon on mine. This boy cracks me up. And that darling picture depicts him through and through. I want to just squeeze him and kiss on those cheeks.

The Steels said...

That is flippin hillarious! So McCormick Grinders makes a cinnamon and sugar ginder. I have some and it sounds as if that might fit well into your purse for such wonderful occasions and perfectly acceptable requests.