Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The things I do for love


I am a fair weather skier. I'll only go if the day is sunny and clear. Even if it's just a little cloudy I choose to wait for a better day. This perturbs my husband to no end and so, in order to keep the peace and show him that I really do respect the things he values most (ie. spending time with his kiddos on the ski hill....) I agreed to go night skiing with them. As you can see in the first picture, it was looking great when we got there. But, by the time we bought our tickets and lashed on our skis, we had a full scale winter storm on our hands. The kind that just keeps on dumping! Of course, just to spite me, the wind started blowing hard, causing the snow to relentlessly pelt our uncovered faces. Oh, the sting! That sort of thing is far more than I'm able/willing to deal with. So, to keep from pitching a full on hissy-fit and marching myself to the car, each time we boarded the ski lift, I'd tuck my head as far inside my coat as possible and recite over and over......I love my husband, I love my husband, I love my husband, I love my husband! Oh, the things I do for love!

P.S.
Everyone else quite enjoyed themselves! (I'm the only complainer in this family.)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Austin's said...

Yuck! You must really love him, and with a smile, I'm VERY impressed! Looks like the kiddos had a blast.

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

That is alot of love!! Cold is not my thing. The pictures are great and what great family memories.