Thursday, July 10, 2008
Maligayang Bati Sa Iyong Kaarawan!
Today is Dustin's birthday…HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY, OH! I LOVE YOU SO!...and it’s got me thinking about how he and I came to be. It started out as love-at-first-sight. I saw him at work. I walked in the back door to the shipping department and there he was, a Greek God in a tight, hot pink t-shirt and mismatched Converse high tops. The summer sun had tanned his skin to the most beautiful bronze and had highlighted his flaxen hair (neither of which I’ve seen on him since). I was totally intimidated when my brother introduced us and was sure that Dustin would never again give me the time of day. But not long after that, he transferred into my department and we quickly became friends. His good looks were the first to attract me, but his sense of humor is what made me fall head-over-heels-in-love with him! He makes me laugh and I love to laugh! He helped me (a backward, immature, unimportant girl) realize that there were many imperative qualities that I should be looking for in a husband. Of course, he had them all! Each night, I’d pray that I would find someone just like Dustin. Imagine my surprise when (after complaining loudly about an upcoming math test) he volunteered to be my tutor! Not a stitch of algebra was done that night, but there was plenty-o-chemistry goin' on! Now, sixteen years later, he’s still making me laugh and I am still out-of-my-mind in love with him. Just goes to show that prayers really do get answered!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUSTIN how old are ya now 25? We miss ya all and we are excited to see you soon.
Happy Birthday Dustin!!! I'm so glad you were home to celebrate. We'll have to celebrate when you get here. Maybe with some THAI?
Post a Comment