Sunday, January 11, 2009

Addicted

I am in love with a machine! No, I'm not talking about the love-machine that is my husband, I mean a small appliance. Have you ever been infatuated with a mechanical device? I have. Actually, I find myself charmed by an automated apparatus at least once a week. (I have absolutely adored my Cricut, ipod, and crepe maker just this very weekend.) But, this little baby is something special. It's only been around for a year now but in those 365 days it has never collected dust. It's my Cocomotion machine! Do any of you have one? If not, you're missing out! (I got mine as a Christmas present from Lisa last year. Thank you, thank you, thank you girlfriend!) It makes the most divine cup of cocoa you will ever taste. If, in the past, you've spent serious money on a hot chocolate at Starbucks, you will never go back again after using this sweet thang! It turns any old cocoa mix into a decadent potion that is beyond creamy. I wish I could fully describe to you just how rich and luscious it is. All I can say is... DIVINE! Now, you may be wondering how I could possibly use this gizmo all year round. Well, how do people drink hot coffee on a sweltering summer afternoon? Can you say addiction? I'll admit, I've never concocted a batch to drink outside, under the arbor, on a day above 90 degrees but, I have whipped up a mug or two for breakfast during the hot summer months. Hot chocolate goes with everything, from muffins to crepes, from waffles to donuts. It's just plain delicious! Lately, my kids have begged for cocoa at breakfast time, as an after-school snack and for a special treat before bed, and being the indulgent mother that I am, I oblige. I kindly accommodate too often and thus my doctor has told me to stop. He has so rudely pointed out that I may be getting too much caffeine and must cease and desist! What's the word for a strong desire to have something that you can never indulge in? I don't know. (maybe because my brain is fried from too much C8H10N4O2) But, it's not love. No, I'm not really in love with my cocomotion machine, I just want to use it really, really bad! 
Crave: /kreɪv/ [kreyv] –verb (used with object)
1. to long for; want greatly; desire eagerly.
2. to require; need.
3. to ask earnestly for; beg for.

11 comments:

The Steels said...

So they have this hot chocolate by Hershey's that is called goodnight kisses, and it is pretty much caffeine free...so there, just a bit of info for you. Keep on keepin on chicka!

Mike, Brie and The Three said...

I am totally in love with a little machine as well. It is my Pizzelle maker.
This little baby make waffle bowls for ice cream as well as those amazing cookies.

Birch Family said...

Angela, you really shouldn't have told me that. I'm headed to the store right now and am going to look for it!

Birch Family said...

Oh Brie, I think I could easily become addicted to a Pizzelle as well!

The Austin's said...

I wish I was there sipping cocoa with you. I love your little machine and wish I had one like you and mom. Hey by the way....cocoa?????

Mike, Brie and The Three said...

Just in case you decide you want one, I will make it easy for you.

My mom bought it for me to start a tradition with Sofia.

http://www.pizzelle.net/

http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/product.php?product_id=75&item_id=123&cat_id=16

Birch Family said...

Thanks for the info Brie!

The Good Life: GMGE said...

I have a cocoa-latte machine (I'm thinking they're similar) and we love it. Ours makes fantastic wasail, too.

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

What great ideas for gifts!! Hmmmmmmmmm. I love mine. I love a good cup of hot chocolate. The Hershey's goodnight kisses sounds wonderful. The Pizzelle sounds great. How fun!!

Penny and the Gang said...

You are great, just reading that made me laugh! you are a great writer has any one told you that before! Spencer loves Hot chocolate lately, Cortney or I will make it for him and he sits there and sips on it slowley. I havnt really found a machine that I love YET! maybe one day when I have enough room in the kitchen I will start looking! A cup of hot chocolate sounds good I think I am going to do a perimeter check here at work, got to go! Love all of you!

Anonymous said...

Wendy you are hilarious! Love reading your blog!