Monday, October 6, 2008

Sarah

Having my sister here for the week has been the most wonderful thing! Do you have a friend or family member who (no matter what is happening in your life or theirs) makes you feel like a million bucks? They can look into your eyes and know exactly what you’re thinking, exactly what you're feeling and they know exactly how to react to whatever need they see there? (and respond in a way that boosts your self-esteem?) That is my sister. She is brilliant! She makes me feel good about myself. She makes me laugh. The best thing is that I don’t even have to try to look good in front of her, she loves me for being real. Even when it’s weak, shallow, selfish-Real. I have so much fun when she is around and I can see myself morph into a new being, someone who is more positive, more loving, more giving, more good. Oh how I wish that she lived next door! Having her close would be so great for me, not to mention what a benefit it would be for my kids! Until that golden, happy day, possibly in the far-distant future, I’ll cling to the spirit she left here and will always admire her pluck!

2 comments:

The Austin's said...

Ok, so I may have just cried. Everything you said I dido about you. I love you so much and had such a wonderful time with you and your family. I wish so bad we were next door neighbors. You are way to good to me and yes I forgive you. ha ha! I love you and thank you for loving me just the way I am too.

Penny and the Gang said...

That was so sweet, The love between sisters is amazing!! I like the part that no matter how bad of a day you are having or how bad you look because of not having time for yourself, your sisters are always there smiling and telling you how great of a job you are doing and how good you still look. I think that family bonds are great and very well needed. Keep the blogging I have enjoyed every one. It touches a part of my heart every time.
Penny