Where did my beloved fall go? The leaves on my trees haven't even changed color yet! And isn't that the best part of October, all the yellows, oranges and reds? As I was wallowing in gloom, my kids were joyfully pulling on their snow boots! Ellie (being the scientific one) took a ruler out and measured that abominable, pallid mess. 7 inches in my backyard! Just look at the tree in the front, it looks like the top has been broken off and is barely hanging on by a shred of bark. It's not even Halloween! We're not supposed to have snow until after Halloween! Ignoring my state of depression, the kids had a blast building a snowman and making angels all over the yard. They made a regular "snow day" out of it and in the end, (resigned to Mother Nature's will) I actually pulled myself out of my funk to make them hot chocolate when they finally came in.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I have to say that it looks so beautiful. However, I must also say that I do not miss the snow. I laughed so hard when I read this blog because I can totally relate to the emotion that you must have felt. I hope that it melts for you so youcan see the trees one last time for the next 7 months and I'm sure it will. Have yourself an awesome day!
What the heck is the perfect statement. Halloween is usually the tease of snow but this. We didn't even get this. I too hope it melts soon and you can enjoy a bit more sun. At least for a little while.
On the positive side, it is pretty and I can just see the kids loving it. (My thoughts let them at Christmas) Love ya have a good day!
UGGH!!! I so sympathize with you. I do not like snow either. Loved it as a kid, hate it as an adult. I'm so sorry. Atleast your kids were entertained and you didn't have to be the entertainer. Also your house looks beautiful wearing snow.
Let me tell you, when I found out that it was going to snow, I frowned on it. I do not enjoy the snow, except on ThanksGiving and Christmas thats it. But I like the smiling faces, when they are playing in it. If I could tell Mother Nature to only have it snow on the week-ends and my days off then I would like it but that probley would never happen. So I say to my self "enjoy it and make it the best"
Penny
Oh My GOODNESS! I can't believe that you got that much snow! I bet your kids had a blast though. Sad that your leaves didn't even get a chance to change. Hopefully the tree in the front gets out of its depressive state. And the poor pumpkins. If it helps at all, yesterday it was 86 here and I actually had to turn on the AC... the whole time saying "what the Heck. This is sooo not right!" I have a feeling I might miss the snow. ~Megan
I also realized that this is possibly the first time I have commented on your blog (even though I have been reading it forever...) We miss you guys. It is so fun to read about your cute family. ~Megan
Post a Comment