Jace is just beginning to understand the concept of "yesterday", "today" and "tomorrow" and has asked some really crazy questions using these three, new words. But, last night one of his questions was more poignant than most.... Since my last post about him, things have not calmed down much and I still feel like the sole member of the Birch Incident Management Team. I spend my entire day running from one disaster to another, putting out fires and cleaning up chemical spills! Unfortunately, each day has been an exact repeat of the last. As I was once again reprimanding him for breaking one of our rules, he looks up into my discouraged face and said "Mom, today is yesterday." That's when it hit me, just like a bolt of lightning! It wasn't a mixed up statement by a confused three year old, it was the truth! I had allowed each day to turn into an exact carbon copy of the last. I was allowing myself to become overwhelmed and disgruntled by the same silly situations! Thank heaven for "Aha!" moments! That seemed to throw the switch and my black mood immediately disappeared. For the first time in a few weeks I saw him with clear eyes and I remembered just how much I love the little scamp! My optimism has returned and we ended the night with a spirited game of "I stole your heart!"
*check out this cute box of bath salts Sarah gave me, was this me or what?
3 comments:
Ahhhh. So sweet!
"From the mouth of babes...."
Talk about a "wise crack", Jace is brilliant and very deep. I'm glad your dark attitude is gone. Love him, kiss him, and enjoy him. It only lasts awhile.
I had someone say to me once. Enjoy these tiny ones. They grow up too fast.
Embrace each moment with a smile and kiss his little face. I wish that I could live some of those moments over only to embrace them differently. I didn't take the time to actually smell the flowers. Now I regret it. Life is to short.
Post a Comment