Thursday, November 6, 2008

Santa is not coming this year!

It doesn't matter that Jace is not a Santa fan, because Santa will not be coming to our house this year! At least not to bring Jace toys. Jace has been a serious handful since we got back from California and I am ready to box his ears with those Hulk Hands of his! He has ramped his mischievousness up about ten notches and is now a pro at thinking up (and doing) all the things that will get him into trouble. Just this morning he got into my medicine cabinet and with a pair of scissors, cut open all the blister packs full of Benadryl. This seems to be just a typical day in my life right now. He won't eat, has regressed in his potty training, has scratched every one of our DVD's, has lost or broken most of his toys, yells louder than ever, has gotten aggressive with his friends and the most infuriating to me right now, (because I'm a busy girl) he has slowed down to a snails crawl whenever I need to go anywhere. It took him 15 minutes yesterday just to get his shoes on and get into the car. (they are slip-on, velcro closure shoes) For some reason, he thinks he has to try on everyone elses shoes before he gets to his own. I told him to grab his jacket on our way out the door this morning and he proceeded to try on Ellie's gloves and Lainie's ski goggles instead! Once we finally get to the car, he takes his sweet time climbing in (he has to check under the seats and in the cup holders for "treasures") and then pitches a full-on hissy fit if I lift him in myself. Getting out of the car is just as bad! He wants to swing from the handles above the door and pretend to be Indiana Jones. And if he doesn't swing just right, or if I don't hum the Indiana Jones theme song good enough, he has to start over! Aaagggghhhh! Santa may not be bringing Jace anything this year, but if Santa is smart, he'll bring me a plane ticket to somewhere far, far away!

P.S. Just as I was about to publish this post, I hear a familiar beeping sound, I run to check it out and see Jace on my cell phone calling who knows where, the contents of my purse dumped out on my living room floor and all the pieces of gum (from a brand new pack) unwrapped, broken and smashed into the rug! Please help me!

(I should have seen this behavior coming, look what he did last year!)

6 comments:

Mike, Brie and The Three said...

I feel your pain! Sofia is a routine FREAK. Everything has to be exactly the same as it was yesterday. From sun up to sun down she is exact in her routine. Ethan just imitates her and his fits can usually be calmed quickly but not Sofia's. Zachy is way laid back and only gets loud at feeding time. The food had better be ready and on its way to his mouth when is butt hits the chair.
I guess you were looking for some words of wisdom. Let me think...

When our kids are acting totally crazy we divide them up and take them out for one on one time. Maybe he needs you or your husband to take him for HIS fav activity and reassure him you are home to stay.

The Steels said...

As I was reading your blog I could completely feel your pain. Lucy takes her sweet cuss word time when we are trying to leave the house as does Malorie which would explain why I do not like to pack up and go anywhere. I sympathize with you and your frustrations. I decided a long time ago that children are crazy monsters that we love unconditionally but sometimes wonder WHAT WERE WE THINKING?! Of course my children are just like me AND their dad so we are in some serious trouble. I have no idea how to help you for I am as clueless as you. They just hit certain points in their lives when their brains say, HEY, I THINK I WILL MESS WITH MOMMY'S BRAIN TODAY. You know it is true, you can sense it certain mornings or when they get that "twinkle" in their eye...mischief. You can handle it because you are AWESOME! Just keep on hanging on.

The Austin's said...

Ha Ha Ha!!! Literally laughing outloud. He is so funny. I am so sorry you are dealing with the treacherous threes. I do enjoy the comical relief it brings me though. He is most definitely a three year old and a boy. Hang in there girl!

Penny and the Gang said...

I feel your pain as everyone else does. Spencer also has that twinkle in his eye that Angela explains of, He tells me every morning that he loves me and then he's off, he must get that from your family.lol I always tell my self on days like those, what would I do with out him, the terrible toodler age, hang in there and it will be fine, thats what I keep saying to my self any way.

Birch Family said...

Thank you, thank you! It's good to hear I'm not alone. I especially appreciate the good advice and encouragement! W.

Chelle said...

Looks like terrible 3's!! Jaden has told me to "shut,up mommy!" he descides what clothes he'll wear and wont eat unless he sees exactly what i am doing. i have these plastic containers that i transfer certain foods in, and i ended up having to save the box so that he could see it coming out of the box.

I havent been T.P.ed yet..thats a classic! lol Love ya!