Thursday, June 18, 2009

London

I agree with Keats when he said "Happy is England! I could be content to see no other verdure than its own;"...although, I'd have to change verdure to Piccadilly Circus. We didn't see much countryside, but the city was amazing! From Buckingham Palace to Big Ben, from Westminster Abbey to the London Eye, we couldn't get enough of this incredible city! Here are a few of the things we saw: (in no particular order)

Big Ben
the London Eye
Westminster Abbey

Wicked! (we also saw Les Miserables!)
Buckingham Palace the Guards
Dustin at the Royal Gardens

Though this may sound a little odd, the next time we head to London, I'd love to see everything associated with Henry VIII. (Philippa Gregory has recently resurrected my interest in 16th century aristocracy.) To see "The Tower" where Anne Boleyn, Catherine Howard, Lady Jane Grey and Sir Walter Raleigh were executed would be very interesting....morbid, but interesting.

3 comments:

The Austin's said...

So fun! I agree, I would love to see "the tower"

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

I want to take Lyle so bad. Mairi is getting married next year July or August and would love us to come. Anyone else want to go with us? I am so glad that you got to see and do all these things. It really is a life time experience.

Lainie Lu said...

Jealous!!!