Monday, June 1, 2009

Parlez-vous francais?

No? Well, neither can I, but that didn't stop Dustin and I from grabbing our backpacks (yes, I said backpacks) and heading to France. Since I was a little girl, it's been a dream of mine to visit the "City of Love". How fitting that my love should take me there!



Day #1: THE LOUVRE, THE SEINE AND NOTRE DAME



Neither of us could sleep on the 11 hour flight, so Dustin and I went directly from the airport and straight to bed. After a quick nap, we ran to the Louvre. Unfortunately, we got there late and didn't have ample time to see all the amazing artifacts to behold there. (I have to see the Mona Lisa in my lifetime don't I? We definitely have to go back!) So, we decided to attend Mass at the Cathedral of Notre Dame instead.




I've got a million gorgeous pictures that don't even come close
to showing the beauty of this place!



Can you see the gargoyles hanging off the left side?


Me and the river Seine.
(That's the Eiffel tower in the background.)



Day #2: THE EIFFEL TOWER, ARCH DE TRIUMPH AND THE RODIN MUSEUM





The remarkable "Pensuer"


Since this is a family blog, you won't be seeing my pictures of "The Kiss", but let me just say, "It was exquisite!"




Of course, we had to go back to the Eiffel Tower in the evening to see it in all it's glory.
At 9:00 pm, they start the light show. (Thousands of sparkling lights to dazzle you!)

4 comments:

Mike, Brie and The Three said...

Wow! How fun! I have only seen the Southern part of France. Not nearly as exciting!

The Austin's said...

Absolutely breathtaking. I want to go so bad now. What fun you had!

Penny and the Gang said...

Breath taken!! No words to explain, only in my dreams.

The Steels said...

What an awesome experience for you guys! I love the pictures and know they do not do justice to what was actually seen. What a wonderful lifelong memory you have now and I am glad you shared it with us.